Wednesday, June 11, 2008

When God Hears

It's been a week since I've flown to Long Beach. Along the way, I learned several things
  1. God loves to answer our prayers, even the detailed stuff. I was exhausted before speaking on Tuesday evening, but from somewhere (you know where) I got the energy afterwards to meet women and sign books for a steady 1 and 1/2 hours. One woman wrote me afterwards and noted "Thank you so very much for time this evening. You took such careful time to hear everyone, and gave each woman your undivided attention. What a blessing you are to us, and others around the world....very special ministry you have created...answering all the hard questions that sometimes are confusing! Thank you for that." And my family came to hear me (aunt, mom, me, grandma) and support me, too! :)
  2. I can get stranded for long hours at a time in airports and not get stressed out. My trip home gave me an unexpected four hours of waiting time, not knowing if I'd be in Denver overnight, but eventually and gratefully made it to Steamboat
  3. It is imperative to have time before speaking engagements to pray and seek God about what he'd like me to share. I sensed God wanting me to share about the need for rest. This was before I knew that the audience was made up of mostly affluent, intelligent and busy women. And even the night of my talk, when my head felt fuzzy and I admitted from the stage that I felt like I was in Oz (that morning I had watched the sun rise over 2 elks who walked in a field next to me while I pulled my luggage into the terminal, flown to Denver, Phoenix then Long Beach, swam, napped, showered and now was on a stage speaking) God used my words. The coordinator of the event wrote me afterwards, "I prayed for a speaker in regard to women's self worth, according to God's word. You have allowed God to lead you in this direction and prayed for the evening and what to say. And there you were giving women (because of God's direction) exactly what they needed to hear. God is good!
  • Would you pray for us this week....
    1. I have to find some good resources (where can I find a good library when you live in Steamboat??) for an article I'm writing (yes it's the one that was due last week and I finished, but the editor has asked me to add on to it with some more exciting, but time consuming research comparing the way the founder's of major religions treated women).
    2. Starting this Monday we will begin writing our books (about 5 hours each day). I want to plunge right in and so does Dale. Please pray for dedication and excitement to get started!
    3. Finishing up our vacation this week (we're camping through Colorado--tonight in Telluride) that we would love one another and relax with each other. It's so easy to turn vacation into work time.

No comments: