We've been bustling around the house getting last minute things together, our outlines, our handouts, our powerpoints, our talks, our clothing, our recording equipment and our sanity.
We are tempted to be overwhelmed and discouraged by distractions today (lots of difficult emails today). Would you pray for God to comfort us as we face our emails, ready the house and prepare to leave?
We ask for these things specifically
- Our seminars (Jonalyn's "Comfortable in My Own Skin: Identity and Body Image", Dale's "A New Kind of Apologetics: Emerging Questions From Today's Youth" and together "Why Healthy Youth Ministry Needs Both the Masculine and the Feminine") will be well received and well attended with those who need what we have been planning to share
- Safety as we drive over 1000 miles tomorrow (and then back on Monday)
- Spiritual armor to protect us from feeling we have nothing to offer, standing as we will be in the shadow of Corporate Christianity (which seems so big at conventions like this).
- That we would partner in a way that inspires others to take up the male-female team model into their youth groups.
- That no matter what criticism or praise we receive that we would love each other and grow to be more fully human because of this weekend.